[TR] fuel pump superiority

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] fuel pump superiority
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 22:46:10 -0400
It was asemi-frustrating day.  Half-full or half-empty, I don't know.

I solved the fuel pump problem.  I had rebuilt two AC brand full pumps with
new kits bought at different times.  and yes, the kits were different
brands.

One of the kits contained bad parts or at least, was not meant for our fuel
pumps.  Unfortunately, I didn't catch the error until today, when I
dissassembled them togather.  The problem was with the design of the
diaphram, I believe.  It seemed the good diaphram had the large disc ON TOP
so that when the lever pulls it down the rubber makes a seal around this
large disc.  It seems.  However, in one kit the smaller disc was braded on
top!

I feel proud now that I have found such a mistake!...maybe
Paul 60 TR3

===     http://www.vtr.org