[TR] Wheel rates.

To: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Wheel rates.
From: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 07:56:18 -0700
I have been working on calculations of the spring rates and wheel rates
for my TR3A.  It seemed there was something wrong with my calculations.
  Last night I realized that the incorrect part of my calculations was
the information from my factory TR3 manual.  The wheel rates listed in
the front suspension section of the manual are 106 for stock and 130 for
competition.  Both of those rates are incorrect.

The wheel rate is calculated as spring rate X leverage ratio.  On the
TR3 the leverage ratio is .585 which is listed correctly in the manual.
Using the stock spring rate of 310# X .585 = 181.
--
        Best Regards,
        Tom

===     http://www.vtr.org