RE: [TR] TR3a bonnet <-> scuttle

To: "Jim Wallace" <grandfatherjim@gmail.com>,
Subject: RE: [TR] TR3a bonnet <-> scuttle
From: "Peter Ryner" <pryner@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 12:20:59 -0400
Jim,
The only thing for the hood to rest on are the two rubber pieces at the
front of the hood.  I've had my TR3 for 26 years and never had a hinge fail.
That is except for the one time I neglected to secure the dzus fasteners and
saw a green flash when I reached 50 MPH.  Didn't really know what happened
for a few moments.  Luckily I had a hard top on (Minot, ND. in the winter)
so the only damage was a nasty dent on the bonnet and many paint scrapes
along with the two broken hinges.
Pete