[TR] TR4 rear damper link remove/refit

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR4 rear damper link remove/refit
From: "Randy&Val DeRuiter" <deruiterville@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 15:47:06 -0500
List-

I have a late model TR4 which has the rear damper link attached to the axle
spacer, not the bottom spring plate as in the earlier models.  I notice that
my links are badly worn (one is completely missing the rubber innards).  The
TR4 factory manual I have does not describe removal of this item - it looks
pretty easy if it is attached to the bottom plate.  But in my case, it
doesn't seem like it can be removed due to frame clearance unless the
u-bolts are removed and the spacer is moved.

Can anyone with a similar configuration confirm that there are clearance
issues, or is it still just a simple unbolt and refit?  Responding offlist
is great.

Thanks,
Randy
65 TR4