[TR] re: crud in fuel and new Ethanol blends

To: triumphs@autox.team.net (Triumphs List), jlynn604@comcast.net
Subject: [TR] re: crud in fuel and new Ethanol blends
From: spamiam@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 12:45:24 +0000
Hi, Joe!

You said you are worried about the new ethanol causing the gunk in the fuel
system to become loose and clog important parts.....

Well, my philosophy about stuff like this is... if it ain't broke don't fix
it.... sort of.

I would put a good inline filter in the fuel line before the pump.  Make it one
you can visually inspect for trapped crud, and get a spare filter too.  They
say that the paper filters are sensitive to water and lose flow with wet gas,
so maybe avoid that type.

With a filter before the pump, all the crud will get removed before it hits any
important parts.

The other option of the TR2-4A is to place it in the fuel line that runs
horizontally across the front of the engine.  It is easy to examine and access
for changes.  Since the carbs are the parts with the smallest orifices, this is
where you really want to have the filtration anyway... probably... I guess.

This will be my strategy for now.

-Tony Rhodes

===     http://www.vtr.org