[TR] Re: Bullet Mirrors

To: "John Mitchell" <jmitch@snet.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Re: Bullet Mirrors
From: "John Macartney" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 13:10:41 +0100
John Mitchell wrote:

>     Are any of the various bullet mirrors out there any better at being
> able to see anything.  I have the repros from TRF and I can kind of use
> the  left but the right mirror is all but useless.

ISTR I had the same problem back in 1965. The one on the driver's door was
*fairly* OK - but across the car? One big No No. Mind you, sitting in the
cockpit of a Formula 1 or Formula Junior car of the period, with a bullet
mirror on each side of the plexiglass screen was great. IMHO the bullets are
excellent in single seat racing cars but useless on any other type of car.

But what cost/benefit for a period accessory?

Jonmac

===     http://www.vtr.org