[TR] Timing Chain Cover Putty

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Timing Chain Cover Putty
From: Cosmo Kramer <tr4a2712@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 07:11:33 -0700 (PDT)
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 13:03:31 -0500
From: "Guy D. Huggins" <guy@genfiniti.com>

Listers,

In cleaning my timing chain cover for painting I
accidentally grounded off a significant part of the
sound deadening putty on the front.
I was planning on applying some JOB Weld to takes it
place.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?
-Guy D. Huggins
-----------------------
Hi TR Members & Guy!
I've written this into the list before, but may people
may not have seen it because it was of NO Interest to
them at that time. Here is what I have suggested:

1- Mask off the Timing Cover (TC) that is NOT to have
the 'Sound Deading material on it.

2- Spray the TC with 'Wurth' [I think that's the name
of the company?]Rocker Pannel Schutz. You can spray on
light coats- by spraying far away from the TC.    OR
You can spray on heavy coats- by spraying closer to
the TC of what one be if spray painting with a can.
NOTE: Thicker coats will take a longer time to dry,
but will give you more 'deading sound'.

3- After throughly dry, then paint spray the TC the
colur [usally back] you want.

This method has worked great for me in the past 8 yr.
that it's been on.

-Cosmo Kramer

===     http://www.vtr.org