Re: [TR] TR Frames from RATCO

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR Frames from RATCO
From: ZinkZ10C@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 22:24:45 EDT
In a message dated 5/4/06 5:50:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time, bzw8@CDC.GOV
writes:

<< They're kind of pricey but none the less intriguing. I am considering
 this for my restored TR6 that has a botched frame repair. >>

Yea, this is a common response to a big ticket item.  When all the work that
goes into fixing a frame is totaled, the big ticket item looks much better.
Rust thins out metal where you can't add more, welds can be cracking in areas
where you can't see, sand blasting never gets rid of all the rust and when all
the welding is done the frame is still a patch work.

Consider the hours measuring and welding to get things right.  A trip to the
body shop might be needed if the original frame is twisted, more $ .

For 3000 a freshly painted frame will hit your door step.  ( the rust
proofing can be done at home )

Harold

===     http://www.vtr.org