RE: [TR] tr4 valve timing

To: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>,
Subject: RE: [TR] tr4 valve timing
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 05:30:42 -0700
> put thumb and forefinger on both intake and exhaust pushrod (at the
> sametime)
> and 'figure out' when both are elevated such that both valves are open

Even with poor depth perception, I don't think you'll have to feel for this.
Even one eye can distinguish movement from non-movement pretty well.  But yes,
that's the idea.

> This still
> sounds like it is done at a PARTICULAR spot on the rotation of the crank
> pulley, rather than, a range of degrees(about 30 or so).

There is a reasonable range, roughly 30 degrees, where both valves are
moving/open, and anywhere in the range will do.

> Is this paragraph a correct method?

Yup, that's it.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org