[TR] TR6 oil filter conversion question

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR6 oil filter conversion question
From: TOMJOANNMI@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 12:21:56 EDT
I have mounted the right angle oil filter adapter offered by TRF. The NAPA
Gold filter #1516, suggested by many people on the list, hits the clutch slave
cylinder. Loosening the mounting screw and rotating the adapter forward gets it
to clear but it rubs the body and I'm fearful that motion of the motor
torquing during normal operation will cause something to break.
     I found a Fram PH3614 filter that is about an 1 1/2 inches shorter that
may work. It appears to be the same diameter and thread pattern. Aside from
the fact that it is a Fram, do you think the loss of filter surface area will
be
a problem? I'm sure I can find a NAPA Gold of the same size if I look hard
enough. Has anyone else had this problem?

Tom Miller
75 TR6 CF36713U restoration (inching painfully slowly toward completion)

===     http://www.vtr.org