Re: [TR] TR6 conversion to SUs

To: "Bruce Cairns, D.D.S." <cairnsbk@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 conversion to SUs
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 15:37:45 -0400
At 12:15 PM -0700 5/10/06, Bruce Cairns, D.D.S. wrote:
>I am planning to swap out the Strombergs on my '74 TR6 for SU HS6s and I have
>several questions.  Should the head be polished and ported or can resonable
>performance result from simply bolting them up to the stock manifold?  I don't
>plan on racing or rallying, just driving 3 -4 times per week around town.
>Where is a good source for photos/diagrams for fuel line hook ups (also, I'd
>like to retire the carbon canister and other emission system components)?  Any
>pertinent answers to these questions and other insights on the subject would
>be most appreciated.

I'm puzzled why you'd want to go to all the trouble if you plan to
just drive the car around town. The Strombergs are quite capable of
being tuned and maintained and will provide good service for anything
you're likely to do. If they aren't working right, rebuild them.
--
Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
'71 TR6  CC61193L (29 year owner)

===     http://www.vtr.org