[TR] TR4A front spring lengths in spare parts cat

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR4A front spring lengths in spare parts cat
From: "Chris Bohn" <cbohn@sidepipe.com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 18:57:51 -0700
Friends,

The TR4A during production apparently had two different lengths for the front
springs, "long" and "short." These came with different aluminum packing
pieces.  My factory manual does not mention these differences, but the Moss
catalog does.  However, the Moss catalog does not give changeover points or
what the free and/or fitted lengths should be.  I have fairly a early 4A and
figure I have the "short" spring in there.  Could anyone who has a 4A spare
parts catalog be so kind as to look up what the specs are on the springs, and
when the changeover occurred?

Many thanks,

Chris

===     http://www.vtr.org