[TR] Keep a crank?

To: 6 Pack list <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: [TR] Keep a crank?
From: Joe Merone <jmerone@rocketmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 10:17:37 -0700 (PDT)
Listers:

I have come to posses a NOS crankshaft for a TR6 that
I don't know exactly what to do with.

Background:  The original engine in my car has 94K
miles on it and I average 3-4K miles per year.  It
runs strong and has decent compression (130-140 dry,
142-155 wet) with good vacuum.  I think that I may be
looking at a rebuild in the near future however as it
is 32 years old, uses oil, and is getting a little
tired.

Questions:  Is the crank something that's
automatically replaced when doing a rebuild or is the
original one reworked?  What factors would determine
this?

Being a good boy scout I want to be prepared, but the
new crank that I have is just taking up space in my
garage and it may sit there for a number of years.
I'd rather sell it if it could be of use to someone
else now or use it for a good boat mooring.

Joe Merone
CF18928U

===     http://www.vtr.org