RE: [TR] Re: I love my Triumph but... Summary so far..

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Re: I love my Triumph but... Summary so far..
From: "Harvin Sauls (ML)" <lists@fusion.hopto.org>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 21:18:00 -0400
Actually the Series 200 cars had a 195 HP 289 (2 barrel) as the base
engine with the Series 400's having 225 HP (4 barrel).  The Hi PO 271
horse engine was an option on both.  A small number of each were
produced with Corvette or XKE rearends.  The stand MG rear was a bit of
joke.  The Series 600 cars had a Plymouth 273 and one of those had an
automatic trans and was for sale recently.

At least one Series 200 was produced with the Shelby GT350 version of
the 289.  That one is owned by Mike Mooney who bought it new.  Yep a one
owner with 16,000 miles on it.  Mike is the author of "The Griffith
Years" whom I had the pleasure of meeting a few weeks ago.

http://www.griffithyears.com

HS