[TR] TR4A Restoration Progress Report

Subject: [TR] TR4A Restoration Progress Report
From: "Guy D. Huggins" <guy@genfiniti.com>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 14:59:50 -0500
Listers,

 This month finds me at the beginning steps of rebuilding the engine. As
I type this message, I have the engine wrapped in a trash bag on my
workbench with the crankshaft installed, complete with rear oil seal and
all three main bearing caps secured.

I've got a little too much end-float on the crank (.007") so I am
ordering some oversized thrust washers (+.005") soon to reduce this to
.002". Once those come in and go on, I'll add the front sealing block,
the rear seal's felt strips, then move on to the pistons and rods.

The most recent updates to the site include two more pages on the engine
rebuild, up to the point where I got all the engine parts back from the
machine shop. I'll be adding another page, complete with photos,
dedicated to the lower rebuild once the liners, rods and pistons are
firmly in place.

A big thanks to the list for all the great advice.

Peace be with you!

Guy D. Huggins

1965 Triumph TR4A
CTC 63569LO