[TR] tr2 engine problems

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] tr2 engine problems
From: tr1414@aol.com
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 01:36:40 -0400
i am coming to the end of my restoration of my 55.  it is up and running
however it overheats quickly even while driving and it diesels after i shut it
off.  This is a rebuilt engine and i have had it running and driving but not
for very long.  i have checked the timing and set it to 8 degrees and have gone
over the float bowls a jets in the carburetors to try to stop the dieseling but
with no luck.  As for the over heating i have newer non-sleeved thermostat in
it and it is a new radiator and water pump for moss. i don't know if any one
has had problems with new cooling equipment from them. any ideas?
thanks

Travis Paul
55 tr2

===     http://www.vtr.org