RE: [TR] tr2 engine problems

To: Randall <tr3driver@comcast.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [TR] tr2 engine problems
From: Cameron Rooke <beaker211@rogers.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 09:53:51 -0400 (EDT)
I used to have to do this as well on my GT6. That is, until I corrected the
timing, and more importantly, upgraded to a higher octane fuel (91 using
R+M/2). Now I have absolutely no dieseling at all. If I use a lower octane fuel
(89 or 87), the dieseling returns although it is never as bad as it used to be
before the timing was adjusted.

Cameron
'71 GT6

Randall <tr3driver@comcast.net> wrote:I've always had occasional troubles with
dieseling on my TRs, especially
when they are a bit overheated, so I learned long ago to let the clutch out with
the transmission in gear and my foot on the brake, just after turning the key
off.

===     http://www.vtr.org