Re: [TR] Re: 236 mile brand new TR6?

To: terryrs@adelphia.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Re: 236 mile brand new TR6?
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 21:02:04 EDT
In a message dated 6/1/2006 8:19:20 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
terryrs@adelphia.net writes:

How does  vinyl do over a thirty year span of time, if it's not  nourished?

==AM==
Well....

My current "driver" Herald 1200, approximately 44.5 years old, still has
original upholstery and apparently relatively little care of same over the
years. The top of the back seat is shot due to sun exposure, and the front
seats
show a good bit of wear. The rest is more than presentable.

Same with a 1200 convertible in the family since new in January 1964. It's
been stored for 35 years, almost all of that under cover. Except for
"mechanical" damage (rubbing and/or objects catching on bits), that vinyl
interior
still looks almost new.

Many other similar stories in my barn and garage. ;-)

Apparently, the ICI folks in the UK made some pretty good vinyls  ("vynide")!

--Andy   Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not  so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with   wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and
Triumph Herald Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)

===     http://www.vtr.org