[TR] RE: Wiring harness laughs

To: "'Eureka Saws Co, Inc.'" <ambritts@ptdprolog.net>,
Subject: [TR] RE: Wiring harness laughs
From: "Joe Laurito" <trglory@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 17:42:22 -0400
Alex;

I'm glad you're having fun. I started doing the jumper wiring on the central
console today. I'm not an expert in wiring, but it seems to me that mashing
a bunch of wires into a hole by running a screw down on top of them is
recipe for future heartache. If there was a 2006 wiring code for cars, I'm
positive that this would not pass.

I am all for technically correct restorations, but I have no desire to burn
my car (and maybe myself) to a crisp. Are there wiremen on the list who can
suggest safe and secure ways of doing '50s style British auto wiring, or
should I consider chucking tradition and employing 21st century techniques
for safety's sake?

TIA

Joe Laurito