RE: [TR] Options for adding a third brake light on a TR4

To: "TR" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Options for adding a third brake light on a TR4
From: "Kirby Vaughan" <mrkirbyv@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 21:31:26 -0400
Chris,
I have been trying to do something similar lately and in fact have fiddled
around with the jeep light but found it too bulky.

Take a look at http://www.spoilerlights.com/products.shtml
I almost ordered a 14" LED light bar from them yesterday to play with, but
now I'm thinking something shorter is probably more appropriate. I am
thinking of trying either the mount similar to your back window mount or
trying something at the back edge of the trunk lid just in front of the gas
cap. I think I can make a little fiberglass bubble to hold the LED array
that can be clamped at the back edge of the trunk lid and not need to be
drilled.

I saw an Audi TT yesterday with a luggage rack and they had embedded an LED
bar in the rearmost member of the luggage rack. That might be an option for
you. I don't have a rack on mine.

I also found some LED arrays that might be easier to play with at:
http://www.customdynamics.com/flex_led_array.htm
You might be able to surface mount one of these on your luggage rack.

If I wanted to do some bodywork, I'm pretty sure I could embed one of these
in the back lip of the trunk. But thats more work than I want to do right
now.

I'll let you know what I end up with.

Kirby...
'74 TR6 French Blue