RE: [TR] Engine Bay Cleaning

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Engine Bay Cleaning
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 08:23:06 -0700
> I've never had a problem cleaning the engine bay of these simple cars with the
> power wash nozzel of a car wash.  I've used plastic sandwich bags or
> supermarket bags to protect the distributor, voltage regulator, generator, and
> coil.  Any trouble I can run into with a TR3A doing this?

I would also protect the hydraulic reservoir and master cylinders.  If you run
paper element air filters as I do, you definitely do NOT want to get them wet.
I wouldn't want water in the steering box either, so you might want to protect
the split in the steering column (if you have one), plus the rubber fill plug.

And don't forget all those little holes where water will find it's way into the
interior.  A direct spray will force water through the rubber grommets, even if
they are in good shape.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org