Re: [TR] TRF Summer Party

To: "Lou Metelko" <lmtr4a@ctlnet.com>,
Subject: Re: [TR] TRF Summer Party
From: "Gerald M Van Vlack" <jerryvv@alltel.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 17:44:16 -0400
Lou says,

> $100 a head is almost as big an aggravation as is the $3.20 gas to get
> there!
>
> Lou Metelko
> Auburn, Indiana

Lou, To be fair it's $75.00 registration before 7-15-06. Since you have
expressed your opinion I feel that I can as well. I think it is well worth
what one pays to go to TRF Summer Party. In my personal opinion it's far
more fun than the Club Nationals which are, again in my opinion, far too
focused on the car show and the overly prepared cars. Are the overly
prepared cars nice to look at......yes and your TR 2 is one of the nicest
cars in the show. It's nice Lou.

Before you go off on me, keep in mind that I have on more than one occasion
expressed that we folks should support VTR and I caused quite a stir in
saying so. My membership # is 691 so I've been around for a while.
Furthermore in spite of what someone's personal opinion is of TRF, they and
Charles have done far more for VTR, TRA, local chapters and our cars than we
can appreciate when something that we need is on backorder. In reflection
has Charles made some bad business decisions? I think he would be among the
first to say yes he has and I think he has expressed his gratitude to all of
us for sticking by him in his tough times.

So if you don't want to spend $75 bucks and some gas that's your choice. I
for one will support the SP, spend some money on gas, and have a blast doing
so.

Jerry Van Vlack

===     http://www.vtr.org