[TR] Picture Post-Script

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Picture Post-Script
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 18:45:30 +0100
Dear All,

You will remember me posting a request here a few weeks ago for ID on a
car in a picture I own.   It was quickly identified as a 1948 Healey
Sportsmobile by members of this list.   Prior to this identification,
one kind lister suggested I contact Classic and Sportscar and avail
myself of their expertise.   He requested that I report back as to the
response.   Well, here is my question:

"I recently picked up a piece of original commercial art from the 1950s
(?), showing a convertible with which I am completely unfamiliar. The
image is signed "Ron Wallis" (with whom I am also unfamiliar). A scan
can be seen at http://www.hargeave-mawson.demon.co.uk/lbc.jpg

"Any information on Ron Wallis, or on the identity of this car would be
greatly appreciated. Friends have suggested that this painting could be
a concept drawing for a variety of cars, including the Jaguar XK150, the
Jowett Javelin, the Healey Abbott and even the Singer Gazelle IIIC! I am
not remotely convinced. Can you help?"

And the comprehensive expert response has finally arrived:

"Looks like a special bodied Healey"

It seems to me that the combined wisdom of this list is rather more
encyclopaedic (not to mention a lot faster!) than the combined wisdom of
the editorial team of Classic and Sportscar...   Once again, guys: thank
you.

And should anyone be interested in the eventual fate of the artwork in
question, it will be going to a good home: the Healey Museum.

ATB
--
Mike
Ellie  - 1963 White Triumph Herald 1200 Convertible GA125624 CV

===     http://www.vtr.org