[TR] TR6: Play in the Front

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR6: Play in the Front
From: "Jeff Nathanson" <jeffn@msystech.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 23:07:03 -0400
Fellow Triumphants,

        I might have a problem with my '72 TR6 and hope to hear your opinions.
Well, it all started when I noticed I had a vibration about 60 MPH.
So, naturally, I brought it in to have the tires balanced. When the car was on
the lift, and the tires were not yet taken off, I held the front tire in a
East-West position and noticed there was some (about 1/2 inch) play. Both
front tires exhibited the same amount of play. While holding the tire top -to
bottom (North to South), there was no play. Is this natural? Or am I headed
for some big buck parts, like the steering rack?

Thanking in Advance,

Jeff N.
'72 TR6

===     http://www.vtr.org