Re: [TR] TR4 Seized (?) Engine

To: tr3driver@comcast.net, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 Seized (?) Engine
From: TOMJOANNMI@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 18:44:52 EDT
I agree with Randall. Engine needs to be pulled and disassembled to be made
right. The rings are probably corroded to the cylinder wall. It may need only
some honing and polishing and a new set of rings, but you won't know until you
get it apart. My motor sat in a garage for 20+ years, had the #3 cylinder
frozen. Just required some honing and polishing, no sleeve. But I also replaced
all the pistons, rings, tappets, thrust washers, bearings etc. Engine is like
new, but it did cost me almost $2500. Check out BP Northwest for motor parts if
you get into this. They had the best prices by far.

Tom Miller
75 TR6 (finally assembled and home in my garage) Got a puddle under it
already. I think the rear brake cylinder needs replacement. Figures huh!

===     http://www.vtr.org