[TR] dispatch from Dallas

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] dispatch from Dallas
From: Greg <one_second_zero@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 15:52:00 -0700 (PDT)
I was driving in to work this morning headed in to Dallas and saw a yellow
spitfire with Oklahoma plates southbound on I35E.  I assume it was headed for
VTR (are you on this list?).

  I am lucky that I work literally about 3 miles from the Omni Mandalay Hotel
where VTR is being held.  So I went by there today after lunch.   If any of you
guys are on this list, I was the guy in the white Porsche 911 that was admiring
your Triumphs!   Saw some great cars in the parking garage and on the grounds.
People were washing their cars under the shade trees in the afternoon heat.   I
wish I knew some folks well enough to say hi.  Probably would recognize your
names from this email list!

  I went inside to check things out.  I headed right for the vendor hall since
that is the main draw for me.  TRF had most of the real estate staked out and
Charles Runyan is there as ambassador extrordinaire.   I chatted with him for a
few moments and told him about my wife and I celebrating our 25th wedding
anniversary last weekend.  The point of that story was her TR6 which she had
when we met in 1980 which was a recurring subject in many of the photos in our
family slideshow we had at the anniversary party.  That TR6 is part of the
family.

  I also thoroughly enjoyed chatting with Ted Schumacher who had several tables
set up with his wares.  I have spoken with Ted on the phone and traded emails
over the years, but have never had the pleasure of meeting him in person.  A
real nice guy.  I was excited to see he had some Group 44 artwork for sale.  I
bought several prints including a large one autographed by Bob Tullius.  I
can't wait to get it framed.

  I plan to go back tomorrow (Saturday) to do some more Triumph parts shopping
and admire some more cars.  If any of you attending VTR are online and reading
this, I hope to meet you.  I may be in the TR6 this time instead of the 911!
;-)

  Greg H.
  Denton, TX

starting at 1"/min.