[TR] houston update

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] houston update
From: "Eureka Saws Co, Inc." <ambritts@ptdprolog.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 12:13:53 -0400
Hello all,
>From 150 miles above the earth's surface it looked a little cloudy this
morning. As I started to engage my electrically challenged gray matter, and
following the specific directions from mission control (Randall), I said "self
there's a better way for this astro-nut. I called a friend with an automotive
electrical repair shop and asked the simple question, can you check a
generator. He said bring the regulator too. 20 minutes later I had the carbs
off, my NOS generator in hand, my NOS Lucas screw type regulator in hand, the
original regulator and an NOS Lucas spade type regulator. Off to the shop for
checking. The generator tests out find, the original, dirty, grimy regulator
tested out find, and both NOS Lucas regulators tested bad. My friend cleaned
and adjusted the screw type NOS regulator and got it running. He called it a
white line guarantee. (cross the white line and the guarantee is void) :o(
Anyway, total cost $0.00. Time 1-1/2 hours. Everything back in the car, fired
the after burners and that red Christmas tree light went out. Wow! :o) So I
guess that means I can put everything together in the front of the car.
HooRah! :o) In all reality, I couldn't try Randall's patience this weekend. As
a side note, I couldn't imagine pulling the generator with the nose on this
car. Just about did it with everything off. Another note, I happened to be
surfing the TV channels the other night and a country music video was on and a
yellow TR3 can cruising through the picture. I'll have to find the name of the
video and post it later..
Thanks to all, and you too Randall. :o)
Alex

===     http://www.vtr.org