[TR] TR4 radio only pulls in angelic choir music

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR4 radio only pulls in angelic choir music
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 12:35:36 -0600
A car karma story for the week: yesterday evening and I'm just finishing
a sprinkler repair, garage doors open while I'm running for tools and
hose and clamps. I'm at the front of the garage ready to turn on zone 8
and test my repair -- when I hear a screech in the street.

I look out and in front of my next-door neighbor's house there is a
white TR4 being pushed to the side of the street by a woman and a young
man. I walk over. The woman pushing says they've run out of gas though
the gauge claims a gallon or two left. I offer to drive them to the gas
station. As we load up in my truck, they seem a little surprised to find
two TR4's in my garage. ;)

We buy a gallon of gas and I pop the bonnet while her son adds some
fuel. I spot big chunks of dreck in the plastic filter they have in
front of the fuel pump. She has a spare in the boot, so I disconnect the
hose on the downstream end of the filter. No flow. Pop off the filter --
and fuel starts flowing. A new filter and it starts right away, sounds good.

The woman's dad bought the car new in '62 (CT8xxxL) and she recently
inherited it. The young man is her 16 y.o. son. Two more generations
ready to drive and maintain an old TR (now that they have my Moss catalog).

Steven Newell
'62 TR4 x 2
'76 Mercedes 240D
'91 Range Rover classic