Re: [TR] TR6 wiper park

To: "Ed Woods" <fogbro1@comcast.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 wiper park
From: "Jeff Nathanson" <jeffn@msystech.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 23:15:47 -0400
Ed,

         I had the same problem with my '72 TR6. It's the parking mechanism
for the wiper system. I'm
not sure what I did to correct the problem......it was years ago. But,
remove the top plate of the wiper motor
and observe the worm gear and how it operates when the switch is placed from
"on" to "off".  It should continue to
rotate until the "park position". I believe I might have purchased a small
part from  TRF to fix it.

Jeff N.

> List,
>
> The wipers on my '69 TR6 will not stop when the switch is moved to off.
>
> The dash switch is not defective and is connected properly.
>
> If the wiper motor is disconnected from the operating cable/wipers, it
works
> perfectly: low speed, high speed and park (off).
>
> As soon as the cable/wipers are reconnected, the original problem occurs:
the

===     http://www.vtr.org