Re: [TR] Re: What should the new Triumph look like?

To: standardtriumph@btinternet.com, 70TR6@mindspring.com,
Subject: Re: [TR] Re: What should the new Triumph look like?
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 17:52:49 EDT
R. Ashford Little II wrote:

>A new Triumph would have to be rwd  to be a Triumph.

And Jonmac replied:

Why? One of the Triumphs you guys in the States were never offered was  front
wheel drive and extremely successful in the many markets in which it  was
offered. It was the 1300 Saloon which opened out to a 1500 - and later
became a Dolomite.

==AM==
True...although the platform was reengineered to become a RWD car in the
Toledo and, later, the Dolomite.

And I believe that the 1300 enjoyed some limited success in Canada.

Nonetheless, your point is very well taken. I would very much like to see
the Triumph name come back in a RANGE of both sports and "saloon" cars, if it
is
 to come back at all.

--Andy   Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not  so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with   wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and
Triumph Herald Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)

===     http://www.vtr.org