[TR] TR6 Tamper-proof steering column screw replacement

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR6 Tamper-proof steering column screw replacement
From: "Tomislav Marincic" <tomislav.marincic@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 23:17:42 -0400
I believe the stock thread is 5/16 Fine. An allen-head cap screw fits perfectly.

I bought a replacement lock assembly from TRF, and it came with an 8mm 1.25
pitch (coarse) metric thread! I enlarged the top openings with a 1/2" drill and
used an 8mmx30 Allen head screw in it. What an easter egg to hide for the next
owner. Am I now a DPO?

Cheers, Tom CC55483L

http://www.triumphowners.com/735

===     http://www.vtr.org