[TR] tr3 battery box

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] tr3 battery box
From: FGFO1@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 21:52:14 EDT
attacked the last of the rot today. the old battery box came out  quick and
easy, leaving a nice surround.
putting the new box in required putting the top in first and then a gentle
persuasion with a mallet to get the front in. all pretty easy.
BUT, the angled part of the box, (the part that has the body & chassis
number plates and where the ground strap ataches) is bent too far. about 1/4 to

5/16 toward the inside. thus the part that ataches to the top lip does not
touch
 either.
its a genuine British Heritage part, or so the sticker says.
its now back out.
so:
do I put blocks and clamps on it and pull it to shape now?
if I do will it still go in?
or is it the intent to get it into place and then hammer and dolly  it?
the hammer and dolly will not look that good when I'm done.
what did you guys do?
thanks as always
Frank Fisher
58 TS41366L