RE: [TR] Fluid leak

To: <jgillis@tcd.ie>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Fluid leak
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 09:08:56 -0700
> Hi all I am having a real problem stopping a tiny leak from the front
> right front union, at the banjo bolt, the one with the big washer and
> little washer. I changed the union and washers for new items but
> still the same leak. The banjo bolt is also new I am wondering if I
> should try an original Banjo bolt ( if I can find one), anyone
> experienced this?.

My suggestion would be to do a trial assembly without one of the washers.
There should be enough travel on the bolt to pull up snug even with one
washer missing.  If the banjo remains loose without one washer, then the
bolt is too long, or the threads are damaged.  Adding an extra washer might
be enough to work around the problem (although of course it would be better
to find the defective part and replace it).

I assume you've already inspected for cracks or flaws in the sealing
surfaces.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org