RE: [TR] GT6+ Puking Gas

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] GT6+ Puking Gas
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 13:21:07 -0700
> You would think a
> stuck needle valve
> so I replaced it with a new one.  Still puking so out of
> desperation I just put
> the old one back in and adjusted the float.  Ran great all
> during the next
> three days of the Convention.

Classic symptoms of crud in the fuel ... have you replaced ALL the soft
lines and blown out the hard lines with compressed air ?

I'm not sure how a GT6+ is plumbed, but on other Triumphs it's not uncommon
for the rubber line right at the carb inlet to start failing internally and
shedding chunks of itself into the carb inlet.  Where they get jammed
between the float valve and it's seat, causing overflow at idle.

Assuming of course you didn't buy the hype and install a "Grose Jet" ... if
ever there was a solution looking for a problem, it's those evil things.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org