Re: [TR] Jay Leno, Teri Hatcher, and the TR3

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Jay Leno, Teri Hatcher, and the TR3
From: mrv8q@aim.com
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 22:46:47 -0400
    Teri Hatcher is on Leno tonight.  Teri was so excited that Jay drove
the TR3 to
the studio today, because she has one also.

Teri's car came to her from her mother.  A real car gal, Teri's mom,
Esther.
Seems she had the choice of an engagement ring or a TR3.  She chose the
TR3.

As most of us know, Jay's TR3 also came to him from family.  It was his
brother's car.

  Two years ago, I bought my '59 TR3 at an estate sale. It had been
sitting for 20+
years, and sure looked ratty. The very next day, on the way to work,I
spot a red TR3,
  looking like mine would have looked new, and sped up to ask the owner
about it.

Of course, it's Jay, and people are going nuts on the 101, honking and
taking pictures,
complete pandemonium. I let Jay go on his way, but had to smile at the
sheer timing
of it. I've spoken to Jay subsequently, and he's a terrific guy! I'm
glad to find out the
origin of his car, and I'll be TIVOing tonight. Thanks, Phil, for the
head's up!

Best, Kevin Browne
'59 TR3A #58370L

===     http://www.vtr.org