RE: [TR] ball joint removal

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] ball joint removal
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 15:33:47 -0700
> I think someone mentioned using two screw drivers.  I can't
> seem to get enough
> leverage on them; also I don't think they are strong enough.

I've not heard of that ... I agree, they aren't strong enough.  Perhaps you
were thinking of the "two BFH" approach ?

> The book calls for a special tool that looks like a big fork;
> which I don't have.

They aren't very expensive, and are readily available, so my suggestion is
to buy one.  For example, HF sells a kit with 3 different sizes for $10.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=38649
As I recall, they will ship anywhere in North America.

I also picked up a different type of tool that is less violent.
http://www.thetoolwarehouse.net/shop/TA-61900.html
Some people have reported breaking these, but mine has worked fine the few
times I've tried it.
(I'm not particularly happy with Tool Warehouse, so I'm not recommending
them.  This was just a convenient link to illustrate the tool I'm talking
about.)

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org