RE: [TR] Exhaust back-pressure - getting detailed in a general

To: "Martin Sukey" <trmarty@glwb.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Exhaust back-pressure - getting detailed in a general
From: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 21:51:55 -0400
You know Marty, you're a real bundle of joy. I'll bet in the old days you were
the guy who walked about with a bell calling "Bring out your dead!".... Just
joking. :^)

Seriously, I do have a slightly modified cam on the engine. I'm damned if I
remember the grind though. I had it done back in 1991 by a now defunct
rebuilder. Then the engine sat for years awaiting the rest of the frame-off.
Notes from that time are scarce. It's beginning to look like I too should
check out Horrible Fright and buy a half-decent dial guage kit and start
testing things.

Are there any recommendations from the list of versatile, but not too
expensive dial guage kits?

Cheers,

Mark