Re: [TR] Bedding-in - rings vs. lifters

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Bedding-in - rings vs. lifters
From: kinderlehrer@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 15:32:45 +0000
I'll pass on something I heard, don't know how true, but it was from a usually
reliable source; Since the advent of roller lifters, the oil companies have
been deleting the additive that keeps the cam from wearing out on the straight
lifter type of engine.  The only oils that still have it are those intended for
diesel engines.  There is a a designator (CD or something like that-I can find
out if anyone is interested) that indicates the additive is there. The oil is
available at truck stops - Shell has been recommended to me.  Anyone know if
there is any truth to the story?
Bob

From: David Brady <dmb993@earthlink.net>

===     http://www.vtr.org