RE: [TR] re:Bedding-in - rings vs. lifters

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] re:Bedding-in - rings vs. lifters
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 17:52:03 -0700
> Would that be '20/50' Valvoline Full Synthetic for TRs, Randall?

Yup, that's it.  Been using it a long time, and I credit it for helping my
junkyard motor hang together all these years.

It actually cut down on oil burning in the first engine I tried it in (not a
TR), but alas, doesn't seem to have the same effect for my various Triumphs.  I
suspect that means it helps with oil control at the rings and/or valves, but
does nothing for leaks.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org