RE: [TR] Grease cleaner & DOT 5 brake fluid

To: "John Wise" <60TR3A@cox.net>, "TR List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Grease cleaner & DOT 5 brake fluid
From: "Jim Bauder" <jimbpps@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 15:52:01 -0700
John,

I have used a combination of solvent and water in an old rag 1st and then
finished off with a couple of applications of Scrubbing Bubbles Spray
Bathroom Cleaner sprayed on heavy and then scrubbed with a soft brush. I
then hose off the whole underside. I did this the last time on the TR250 in
my garage in Scottsdale. After hosing it off, I just squeegee the soapy mess
out to the street rinsing the driveway as I went! Cleaning the underside of
the car is real messy, but the Scrubbing Bubbles really works, cuts grease
and the solvent, plus the dirt!! I used it on the whole underside of the TR3
when I started my frame off, it was a life saver!!

DOT 5 is going to be the same from all of the manufacturers as it has to
meet the DOT spec's. So the difference is in price! I have found NAPA to be
among the cheapest!

YMMV and good luck!

Jim
Jim Bauder