Re: [TR] random orbital polishers

To: cm.sherman@verizon.net, allenhess@mgcarclub.com,
Subject: Re: [TR] random orbital polishers
From: MMoore8425@aol.com
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 09:58:59 EST
In a message dated 12/2/2006 6:34:17 AM Pacific Standard Time,
cm.sherman@verizon.net writes:

Griot's  Garage does an excellent job of marketing... beautiful catalogues
and nice  products... I personally like their car care stuff. BUT as for
tools...  there are ALL private labeled by major suppliers and available
elsewhere  for a much less.

They will never get a penny from me again.
 bought a set of  wheel chocks from them when I bought ramps  several years
ago. The wheel chocks were fabricated steel, and were advertised  in the
catalogue.
My friend parked his TR250 in my driveway overnight. Since my driveway is
sloped, I placed the wheel chocks behing his wheels. When he was leaving, and
releasing the clutch, his car rolled back slightly (he was backed in), and the
wheel chocks each collapsed!

They are worse than useless, because of their false sense of security.
Fortunately, no one was injured. My friends car rolled into my garage (the door

was fortunately open).
I wrote them a really nice letter. I pointed out to them that their ad  was
misleading and even dangerous  as were their wheel chocks.
Then there followed an exchange with their LAWYERS!
They wanted to give me and exchange for new wheel chocks.  I argued  that I
was only interested in them understanding their wheel chocks would  collapse
flat if called upon for service and were dangerous.
It finally ended with a threatening letter from their lawyer claiming the
problem was caused by a 30 year old car with opbviously bad brakes or some such

drivel.
My experience indicates they do not have your interest at  heart.

Best regards, Mike Moore

===     http://www.vtr.org