Re: [TR] TR3 Saves Little Girl's Life

To: William Brewer <bbrewer@tvwireless.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 Saves Little Girl's Life
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 10:21:00 -0500
On Friday 29 December 2006 09:48 pm, William Brewer wrote:
>       I am selling a TR3 radiator on Ebay that once belonged to a
> friend of mine that passed away in October. Reflecting back on him, I
> wanted to relate a story.
>
>       In 2001 my father in-law Jack played tennis with a guy named BG
> Stewart that showed up in a TR3. Jack put us in touch because I also
> have a TR3 and I invited BG to my British car club meeting. A couple
> of meetings later, I had my kids with me and my middle daughter (aged
> 4) began choking, collapsed and quit breathing. I forgot everything I
> ever learned in CPR courses  and couldn't revive her. BG calmly got
> up and heimliched her so hard that I thought that she might have
> killed her. Out popped a blood covered quarter that I had given her
> to play a video game after the meeting. BG, as it turned out, was a
> physician. Lord know what would have happened if he had not have been
> there.
>
>       BG owned or restored 30+ vintage cars including Morgans, TRs,
> MG's, Alpha's, Mercedes and others. He raced against James Dean in
> the 50's.
>       Anyway, BG was the right man at the right time for my daughter
> and me. His son sold me his vertical mill and I'll always remember
> what he meant to me whenever I look at or use it.
>       I am glad that he restored a TR3 that time and not a Model A
> Ford or something. Providence shone through on my behalf.
>
>       Bill Brewer
>       1960 TR3A

Bill,

Great everything turned out ok. It is amazing what kids put in their mouth!

 But this brings to mind a movie...

"Fields of Dreams" where the doctor did the same thing to that little girl who
was choking on a hotdog.

Did you or BG have anything to do with the writer of that script?

Bob

===     http://www.vtr.org