[TR] Survival in a foreign language.

To: standardtriumph@btinternet.com, triumphs@autox.team.net,
Subject: [TR] Survival in a foreign language.
From: "tom white" <tswhitez123@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 16:27:25 +0000
On my first trip to Russia I had little command of the language.  I had
taken a basic course in Russian and some tutoring.  At my tutors
recommendation I had purchased an electric dictionary that had a voice
function.   I could enter the word and press a button and the dictionary
word pronounce the word.

My first noight in St. Petersburg it was late and I was hungry.  I stopped
at a meat market and saw they had some good salami.   I walked up to the
lady at the cash register and entered salami into my dictioary.  I pressed
the buttom and the dictionary said "Kelbasa".  The lady screamed something
to the other lady behind the meat counter.  She took my money and I went to
the meat counter where I was handed a wrapped package.  I left feeling
victorious.

When I got to my room I opened the package and found that I had purchase a
kilo of the tiny hot dogs.

Best regards,
Tom

The MSN Entertainment Guide to Golden Globes is here.  Get all the scoop.
http://tv.msn.com/tv/globes2007/

===     http://www.vtr.org