Re: [TR] Rear brake line "straps" TR3

To: Dave1massey@cs.com, 60TR3A@cox.net, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Rear brake line "straps" TR3
From: "tom white" <tswhitez123@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 06:49:14 +0000
I would recommend against using metal hose clamps.  Vibration could cause
deterioration f the brake line itself.  I prefer plastic wire ties in
applications like this.  They are rigid and have a indefinate life when
adequately tightened.

Best regards,
Tom

> > I am continuing to reassemble the rear axle.  The car did not have
> > the 'straps" that stabilize the rear brake lines.  I notice that the
> > usual sources want $2 - $3 for each.  Is there something else I can
> > use?  I was thinking about some plastic tie wraps, any suggestions??
> >
>How about plastic tie wraps?  Or stainless hose clamps?  I would advise
>against safety wire.

Communicate instantly! Use your Hotmail address to sign into Windows Live
Messenger now. http://get.live.com/messenger/overview

===     http://www.vtr.org