Re: [TR] Global Worming

To: Bill & AnnaBelle <anabil007@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Global Worming
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 17:14:45 -0500
Well I wasnt going to but here goes.

I was reading a thread about Global Warming on /. a few weeks ago and it
resembles the posts on this list!

Are all you guys geeks or something!

Anyway a few excerpts.

One guy says there have been many specie mass extinctions due to extreme cold,
I.E. glaciers. There is no evidence of any mass extinction due to a warmer
climate.

The record of warm, cold periods in the past 200,000 years is well documented.

CO2 is not a greenhouse gas, it is just the opposite.

Methane is a greenhouse gas but how do we stop it? It is a natural by-product
of organic decay. Think about the vast amounts of methane locked in the
bottom of the ocean and in the rock and being made every day.

The biggest greenhouse gas is H20 as water vapor, clouds etc.

Anyway, I agree the climate is changing, getting warmer at least for now. That
could change overnight here in central NY.

Does man and some of our bad habbits contribute, a bit I guess. Can we do
better? Sure we can, the past 20 years here in the US and Canada prove that.

But I dont believe we can change the climate. Even a little bit. We can make
our air cleaner, dump less into land-fills, recycle etc. But change the
climate?

We do dump alot of junk into the air/ground but take a look at what is
happening today in Montserrat. They are measuring the amount of ash, gas etc
in the cubic kilometers, not in parts per million, that is being thrown into
the air. I cant even imagine what a cubic kilometer looks like!

And that gas is from the bowles of the earth...and other very acidic stuff.

I also remember a MP from somewhere in Canada proposing the draining of some
of the vast swamps in Canada because some study stated they are responsible
for the high level of methane. Well he was shot down by groups such as Ducks
Unlimited, and other wildlife organizations. But that is just 1 example of
what our windbags in DC, and other capitals come up with for "solutions" to
our many problems.

I guess this adds up to more than my 2 cents worth but we did just get about a
foot of snow today and it is going down to about 10 F tonight!

Is it spring yet?

Bob

===     http://www.vtr.org