Re: [TR] Let's sue!

To: jar@aldermanroad.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Let's sue!
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 13:01:54 -0500
> Not to step on toes, but if it could be proven that this woman was on a
> cell phone, she, but not the child deserved what she got.  And the truck
> company should have sued her estate and insurance company up the yazoo.
> Cell phones are the single greatest danger to hit the highways since
> drunk driving...  Yet few States have taken the step to outlaw it, just
> as drunk driving has been outlawed.
>
> Cheers.

Well here in NYS cell phones are outlawed but I can tell you I see as much use
while running just in my neighborhood as before the law was passed. And many
of them are young girls/women.

It does make me a bit nervous while out and about. And during bike season, I
slow down for every intersection. Stop signs and lights are ignored like
there is no tomorrow.

The other day my neighbor almost hit me as I was approacing an intersection
just 1 block from our houses. He was in a hurry and was looking to his left
for traffic and ran right through the sign. I was right in front of him at
the time. I was sure he saw me but was wrong. Now if he hit me I could have
been killed and would have been my fault? No but just as dead!

I learned a lesson there. Never trust even your neighbor.

THe next time I saw him outside I had a few colorfull words for him. And I
doubt I will ever snow blow his driveway again! He had no intention of
stopping and I told him so. And he works in law enforcement! Wonderful.

Bob

===     http://www.vtr.org