[TR] Triumpth Stag question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Triumpth Stag question
From: "Al Al" <als6point9@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 18:58:40 -0600
All

I'm hoping the gang here can help me. It took a while to find a
mailing list like this.
I have a lead on a 72 Triumph Stag. The Previous owner bought the car
to restore but lost interest. The car is missing and engine and tranny
but had all the mountings to install a Chevy 327 engine. The owner
before him pulled the engine.

As I understand, the car is solid and disassembled so that it could be
ready for media blasting.

Now my questions.

Is anyone familiar with this conversion? If so can you provide details?
How available are parts for stags in the US?

I would be grateful for any advise.

With best regards

Al

British and German car enthusiast