Re: [TR] horn repair

To: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>, TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] horn repair
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 16:52:20 -0700
Bob Labuz wrote:

>Waiting for it to warm up a bit, then I will prime and paint with black engine
>paint.

Bob -- If you want an extra dash of authenticity, my original horns on
the TR4 each have a dab of blue paint on the adjuster screw, I guess to
show if it has been tampered with.  As far as I know this is factory
original.  To get it just right you load your little brush with
robin-egg blue paint, get near to touching the screw with it, then at
the last second close your eyes and touch it with the brush.

Pic attached for Bob's benefit.

Geo H

Mvc-397f.jpg]

===     http://www.vtr.org