Re: [TR] Gunst bearing grease

To: yellowtr@adelphia.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Gunst bearing grease
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 08:28:40 EST
In a message dated 2/5/2007 6:49:55 AM Central Standard Time,
yellowtr@adelphia.net writes:
> Would this stuff work on the TR4 door internals? I was going to post a
> question of the best lub to use on the TR4 window regulator. After cleaning
> all the grease, I thought using a "dry" grease would work better than
> traditional grease.
>
> What are the list thoughts?

I really don't know if the dry film lubricates better than real grease.  What
it does is avoids the collateral issues of grease those being shedding at
high rotational speeds and collecting dirt, grit, etc.  Window regulators are
not
at high risk of these detrimental effects of grease and I would stick with a
good lithium grease.

But if you buy the spray anyway put that on first.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org