Re: [TR] Would an MGB wheel fit a GT6

To: "Al Al" <als6point9@gmail.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Would an MGB wheel fit a GT6
From: pethier@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 04:09:07 +0000
From: "Al Al" <als6point9@gmail.com>
> All
>
> I just bought a GT6 basket case with no wheels. I'm wondering whether MGB
> wheels will fit as I have a spare set of nostyles that I can use to put the
> car on the trailer.

Wire wheels, yes.  All the common Rudge wire wheels are the same except Jaguar.
 Dunno whether Morgan follows the crowd or follows Jaguar.

Disc wheels, no.  MGB is 4.5" (I think) circle, the same as Datsun 240Z and
TR3,4,5,6.  Somebody will correct me if I am wrong on this one.

GT6 is 3.75 circle, the same as Spitfire, TR7, TR8, Lotus Europa and Lotus
Elan.

MG Midget and A-H Sprite used 4" circle.

--
Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul Minnesota  USA
1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban,

===     http://www.vtr.org